Summer Internship – Business Tax
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business.
Our business tax team provides tax and consulting services to a wide range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner-managed businesses. Our tax advice is designed to meet our clients' agreed commercial objectives considering all relevant taxes, not only corporation tax. We provide practical advice, we regularly negotiate with HM Revenue & Customs and members of our team sit on a number of leading professional and industry committees.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of service based on long-term, director-led client relationships. We strive to provide imaginative yet pragmatic advice and solutions, derived from a thorough understanding of our clients' needs. This is made possible by the quality of our people and our depth of expertise at all levels.
The summer internship programme is a six week programme designed for penultimate year undergraduate students and is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into working at Smith & Williamson.
Your internship will provide you with plenty of opportunities to experience the type of work that our graduates carry out on a day to day basis; you could be attending meetings with partners or assisting with research projects. There will be a wide variety of work for you to do, and an opportunity for you to be a real part of the department you join. Some of your duties may include:
- Assisting with the preparation of corporation tax computations and returns (CT600s)
- General compliance including keeping records of tax payments, advising clients of key filing and payment dates and communicating with the HM Revenue & Customs where necessary
- Preparing billing analysis of work completed and draft fee notes to clients
- Assist with research assignments and drafting technical documentation
- Assisting other group members in professional work and providing support where required
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Must be on course for at least a strong second class honours degree in any discipline in your undergraduate degree
- 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B
Stage 1 – complete our online application form
Stage 2 – online verbal and numerical reasoning test
Stage 3 – assessment centre
Stage 4 – first round interview
Stage 5 – final round interview
Applications are currently open and we recruit on a rolling basis; APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.