School Leaver Programme.
School Leaver Flying Start Business Management Programme Belfast 2021
Operate is the fastest-growing area of our business and supports the delivery of a range of client programmes across a variety of regulated market sectors. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines. We work with everyone from banks and insurers to oil and gas companies, pharmaceutical businesses, telecommunications companies and local governments. Operate delivers large operational and managed service solutions in one place. It’s aimed at supporting clients with regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
We bring together regulatory insight from our subject matter experts from across the firm, and combine that with highly skilled operational staff and innovative technology, to solve these complex operational problems. We drive an exceptional employee experience that's “people-focused”. Our supported team structures, working patterns and technology, create an operating model and workforce that’s fit for the future.
Flying Start Business Management - BSc Hons Leading on Customer Operation
If you want to go to university but are also keen to begin your career, or perhaps you’ve had a change of heart about your chosen route, our Flying Start degree programmes offer you the chance to experience the best of both worlds.
As an apprentice on the Flying Start Business Management programme, you’ll get to work with world-class clients and be part of our highly skilled teams within Operate Northern Ireland Business whilst also studying at Ulster University, you’ll get your career off to a Flying Start before you even graduate from university.
The degree is fully-funded which means you don’t need to pay your tuition fees, and as a PwC apprentice, you’ll be paid a salary and receive benefits right from day one. So you’ll still get to experience the student lifestyle and the perks of being a student, without the student debt.
What you’ll do
Most of your week will be spent working in the business, learning on-the-job, but you’ll attend Ulster university on a day release basis. You’ll study towards a BSc Hons Leading on Customer Operations at Ulster Business School over four years, and you’ll complete a Higher Level Apprenticeship.
The duration of study towards the Flying Start Business Management degree programme is four years but your progression will continue beyond your qualification as you progress your career in business and have access to the breadth of opportunities available at PwC.
Our Operate business is an experienced team of over 2,000 people, working with clients across a number of industries and sectors; many of our clients are in Financial Services, but we also work in Oil & Gas, Utilities, Retail, Pharmaceuticals and Local Government. With so much continual change, competitive, economic, regulatory and political pressures work their way into every part of business. Our clients are facing complicated operational problems, and we‘re the people our clients turn to for help to transform and deliver their complex operational challenges. Bringing together highly skilled, operational teams, we’re also continually investing across our business, including tried and tested processes and technology solutions, to make sure that we’re ready to respond to our clients’ changing needs.
We’ve got a range of teams you could find yourself working in, including Financial Crime, Customer Management or Business Operations. This could mean you’re:
- Supporting our clients counter financial crime by carrying out due diligence and helping clients comply with Know Your Client and Anti Money Laundering regulations; or
- You could be supporting our clients deal with complicated claims resulting from unexpected events or crisis, or supporting them while they remediate their customers with historic mis-selling issues (like unsuitable investment advice, for example); or
- You could find yourself supporting other PwC teams implementing various client onboarding, risk and compliance processes so we’re keeping our business and our clients safe.
Regardless of your role, you’ll enjoy on-the-job training and coaching, alongside time out to study at university. You’ll have access to the same progression opportunities whether you join straight from school or as a graduate.
What you’ll need
- You’ll need to be on target for, or have achieved at least a 112 UCAS tariff (excluding General Studies) from up to three full A-Levels (or equivalent), and a Grade C or 4 or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
- Exams must have been taken in the same sitting and resits are accepted only where modules or papers have been retaken in the same academic year. If you have any extenuating circumstances related to your exam marks or the sequencing of your exams, please declare this on your application and this will be considered as we review your application.
Find out more
To find out more come along to one of our Virtual Park events or Alternative Webex events. Students (aged over 16), Parents and Teachers all welcome. Please follow the links below to book your place now:
- Flying Start Business Management - Virtual Park Information Evening - Wed 19th May 4pm - 6pm in our Virtual Park. Register on our website: https://www.careersschools.pwc.co.uk/page/show/event_search
- Alternative Webex Event - Thur 20 May 4 - 6pm. If you don't have access to the Virtual Park, you are welcome to come along to this alternative event. Register on our website: https://www.careersschools.pwc.co.uk/page/show/event_search
You can also visit the following webpages:
Do you need a work permit?
We can't provide sponsorship for our school leaver roles.
Find out more
Do you need a work permit?
Please take some time to confirm your eligibility for the role. We welcome applications from all candidates but there are restrictions to some areas of our business and some points you should note on our website.
Please note that PwC is unable to sponsor any candidates for some roles as the Home Office's eligibility criteria will not be satisfied. For a list of these roles, please review the 'Important information' section of the work permit page on our website.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.