School Leaver Programme.
Flying Start degree programmes within Assurance with PwC
If you want to go to university but also know you’re interested in accountancy, the PwC Flying Start degree programmes offer the best of both worlds.
What we do
Our purpose is to build trust in society. Providing decision makers with information they can trust and giving investors confidence. Our high-quality audit adds insight and value and shows if a company is sustainable and profitable.
Our role impacts everyone’s lives. From auditing local councils to make sure budgets are being spent wisely and for the benefit of the community, through to auditing the financial results of the UK’s leading businesses. Or providing Assurance to online banking and retailers that they have the right controls in place to protect their customers’ money and data.
It’s work that matters. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. And as a result of legislative and regulatory change, as well as the constantly evolving needs of our clients, tendering activity in the audit market is significantly increasing. These changes make it a fast-paced and varied career. There’s never been a more exciting time to join the profession.
What you’ll do
You’d get a traditional university experience as a full-time student, alongside paid work placements with our Assurance practice during term time, and exposure to our world-class clients.
On the four-year course you’ll gain a degree and complete 12 out of the 15 exams required by the ICAEW to become a Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales).
You could even secure a graduate job with us – all while still at university.
You could choose to join:
Henley Business School at the University of Reading
BA (Hons) Accounting & Business (UCAS code NN41)
Newcastle Business School at Newcastle University
BA (Honours) Business Accounting and Finance degree (UCAS code NN14)
Nottingham University Business School
BSc Accountancy (UCAS code N410)
Our offer to you:
- You’ll be part of the world’s leading professional services network.
- Enjoy the best of both worlds – get the traditional student experience alongside paid work experience to build your employability
- Get involved in challenging, important work with varied clients across different sectors, giving you the best career opportunities to grow and find your niche
- Drive your own development through training and coaching from experienced professionals and lecturers
- You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary during your placements.
What you need to bring
- A UCAS tariff of at least 340 (or equivalent)
- A strong application through UCAS
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
Please note: your application is through UCAS and other requirements may apply. Please check the university’s website for full details.