Internal Audit Graduate Trainee – 2017
As an Internal Audit Trainee you will be supporting the Governance Risk and Internal Controls (GRIC) team working with a broad range of clients covering both public and private sectors.
By providing an unbiased and objective view to the highest level i.e. Senior Managers and Governors, your role will be supporting the Internal Audit team in providing clients with independent assurance with regards to the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, governance and internal control processes.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
As an Internal Audit Trainee, your typical daily duties will include:
- Assist with the planning of internal audit work programmes
- Perform internal audit fieldwork, reviewing exposure to risk and the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate risks
- Recommend improvements to systems and controls based on observations and best practice
- Prepare internal audit reports which present audit findings in a clear, concise manner
- Assist on other special assignments as appropriate (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews)
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications
- Build client relationships
- Communicate with the client and the Internal Audit Team on any issues or findings
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Maintain a professional working relationship with clients both during the on-site audit and during all communications
- Attend training courses as required
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Training Contract & Study Support:
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.