Audit Industrial Placement – 2017
As an Audit Trainee, you will support the Audit Team in providing an unbiased analysis of the client’s financial records and test these records in accordance with accounting standards. These accounting standards will form an integral part of your studies.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
You will support an Audit Senior at client premises. The senior will assign you work throughout the time you are onsite and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
During your placement, your typical daily duties will include:
- Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices
- Checking bank balances and bank statements
- Reviewing client payroll records for accuracy
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Utilise audit software
- Attend client meetings and social activities
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Attend in-house technical training as required
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Training Contract & Study Support:
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After your placement, we will offer you £750, payable in three instalments of £250 per term. The offer of sponsorship is made on condition of your return to the firm following successful completion of your University degree and you obtaining at least an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or equivalent.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.